meaning of the war to americans today

  • alexander steinmetz
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
      is it just a generalization that America looks at the civil war as a southern war? shouldn't Americans look at the war as a symbol of American heritage? I think that the war was the cross roads of our nations existence and that during the war Americas fate was in the balance. what do you all think?

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Marc Grad
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
        Just got in the mail Trailhead Graphics long awaited map of the
        Chickamagua battlefield and I think its fantastic. For those not
        familiar with this brand of maps, I highly recommend them for
        battlefield visits. It marks 887 monuments, markers, and tablets on
        a colorful waterproof/tear-resistant fold-up map. Also includes
        trails, roads, and elevations.
      • Marc Grad
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
          Picked up today a copy of an ACW I have never seen. Title is "The
          Civil War in the American West" by Alvin M Josephy, JR. published in
          1991.

          Anyone whose read this have an opinion they would care to share?
        • LWhite64@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2004
            We will have them at the Chickamauga Bookstore shortly, we have mail order if anyone is interested.

            Lee