Re: [civilwarwest] Right on time - shotgun Birthday (THANKS!)

  • Dick Weeks
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2004
      Harry and All,

      Thank you all very much for the many birthday greetings both through the group and private email.  It means a lot to me.  I took this email to respond to because Harry hit it on the head.  Given the alternative, birthdays are a wonderful day :-)

      I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate Pat Jones, our co-moderator.  It is her 25th wedding anniversary (I think that is the correct number of years.  I know the date is right.).  'Course that is just a new comer to the marriage game when you are sitting where I am.  I was married in 1958.  You can do the math but suffice it to say neither Peggy nor I had seen our 18th birthday at the time.  We have had some good times, bad times, and just times but they are all something that goes into the memory bank as keepers.

      Just to keep this on topic, I would like to make one more thank you.  That is to all of you in the group.  We started that group a few years back just on a whim.  I thought maybe we could get 30-50 members or so and there would be perhaps a dozen or so emails a week.  Lordy, was I ever wrong.  We have now about 370 members.  I have always been convinced that the war was to be won or lost in the West, but never felt there were that many people that felt as I did.  I wanted to start the group so I could learn (my knowledge lies mostly in the East), and I have to tell you folks, learn I have.  I have a lot of folks to thank for that.

      I know that we have had some bumpy rides along the way and I have had to do some things that I really did not want to do, but I want you all to know that this group is one of the best of its kind on the Internet.  I can tell you that because I get a lot of private email about the group.  You folks have made it that way and I do thank you.  Pat, my special thanks to you for all your help.  We would not be where we are if it weren't for you.

      Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
      http://www.civilwarhome.com