$10

  • Don Plezia
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001
      Blank

      Subject: Ten Bucks.

      Every year Johnny and his wife would go to the fair and Johnny would say, "I'd like to ride in that airplane." And every year, his wife would say, "I know, Johnny, but that airplane ride costs ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars."

      Then, finally one year, John and his wife attended the fair and John said, "I'm 71 years old. If I don't ride that airplane this year, I may never get another chance." "That airplane ride costs ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars," replied his wife.

      The pilot overheard them and said, "Folks, I'll make you a deal.

      I'll take you both up for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say one word, I won't charge you, but if you say one word it'll cost you ten dollars."

      John and his wife agree and up they go.

      The pilot does all kinds of twists and turns, but not a word is uttered by John or his wife. He does all his tricks over again, but still not a word.

      They land and the pilot turns to John. "By golly, I did everything I could think of to get you to yell out, but you didn't."

      John replied, "Well, I was gonna say something when my wife fell out, but ten dollars is ten dollars."

      Cordially,

      D. W. Plezia

    • Don Plezia
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001
[...]

      • M. E. Heatherington
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001
          What a thigh-slapper. Yowza.
          But what, pray tell, does it
          have to do with Civil War West?
          Regards,
          Heatherington

        • M. E. Heatherington
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001
              One of the great mysteries of Computers is that they aeem to have a mind
              of their own.

              Do not know how your address got on my e-amil.

              Sorry

              Cordially,

              D. W. Plezia

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001
                  Oh please don't apologize.....it was great!!!  Sometimes we need a comedy
                  break! Thanks you!
                • ecm777@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 26, 2001
                    Oh please don't apologize.....it was great!!!  Sometimes we need a comedy
                    break! Thanks you!
                  • Art Bagley
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 2, 2004
                      I feel like I've logged into either a Monty Python or Firesign
                      Theater site.

                      ArtorBart
                    • Daniel Giallombardo
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 9, 2004

                                                Now there’s two names I’ve not heard in a while….Dan

                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 10, 2004
                          Hello, Daniel...

                          I can't recall a Civil War connection with Monty Python [unless it's
                          the ENGLISH Civil War], but Firesign Theater, on it's "Everything
                          You Know Is Wrong" album has the "gentlemanly, agricultural south"
                          winning the American Civil War, along with our colonial
                          revolutionist leaders smoking marijuana ["stretched by the hemp"].

                          Fun with history, why not?!

                          Art "Lost In The Ozone" B.

                          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Giallombardo"
                          <ParrotheadDan@l...> wrote:
                          > Now there's two names I've not heard in a
                          while..Dan

                          > _____

                          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1297hfgsr/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
                          76/D=gr

                          oups/S=1705126278:HM/EXP=1091566296/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http
                          :/compa
                          > nion.yahoo.com> click here
                          >

                          > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
                          M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=
                          > :HM/A=2128215/rand=694964865>
                          >

                          > _____
                          >
                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          subject=Unsubscribe>