Re: Fearful Slaughter

  • William H Keene
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 31, 2004
      Yikes, I am a terrible typist! The end of the third sentance should read 'alerted to action',
      not 'altered'; and there is an extra 'detail is such that' in the second sentance .

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "William H Keene" <wh_keene@y...> wrote:
      > I have this Shiloh game. It is really well crafted -- the integration of terrain, line of
      sight,
      > movement, fatigue, etc. is quite good and the level of detail is such that the detail is
      such
      > that Zouave units look different. One interting aspect of the game is that Union
      > units are 'released' on a schedule to reflect when they were altered to action. Thus at
      the
      > start of the battle you can only control a couple of units, mostly parts of Prentiss's and
      > Sherman's and each turn more become available. Its a complicated game -- I still
      haven't
      > figured out the supply issue. And it is SLOW, so I have never actually finished a battle.
      But
      > I have played the initial hours of the battle several times against the computer.
      >
      > ~Will
      > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "hank9174" <clarkc@m...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I played a Gettysburg computer game a couple years back. There is a
      > > Shiloh game as well:
      > >
      > > http://www.epinions.com/content_70364925572
      > >
      > > The Gettysburg game hid your opponents units that you cannot
      > > truly 'see', units move in formation or in column, has supply and
      > > leadership (though never really figured out how that worked).
      > >
      > > The units are regiments, batteries and leaders. They incur fatigue
      > > (pretty quickly) and losses.
      > >
      > > You can play against the computer, sometimes we'd do that just to
      > > move the game along - it became tiresome moving the 300-odd USA units
      > > at Gettysburg. There would not be as many at Shiloh.
      > >
      > > There are other options and nuances that we did not get into and I do
      > > not remember all...
      > >
      > > Anyway, it was a good game.
      > >

      > > HankC
      > >

      > > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "aot1952" <aot1952@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Thank you Mr. Mix-
      > > > I appreciate your taking the time to try and help me along in this
      > > > process. So where can I get my hands on this "Fearful Slaughter
      > > game?
      > > > And is it a board game of a computer one?
      > > >
      > > > So to ask such basic questions, but I told you "I didn't know
      > > > nothing about no war gaming"
      > > > Thanks for the patience
      > > > Wakefield

      > > > replaying a
      > > > to do.
      > > > reflects
      > > > artillery
      > > > but it
      > > life
      > > > and
      > > > issue.
      > > > solo or
      > > > real
      > > > that has
      > > > fun.
      > > > Just
      > > > each
      > > on
      > > > one

      > > > will
      > > > excited
      > > there
      > > > are
      > > one
      > > > of my
      > > > get a
      > > > take

    • Tom Mix
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 13, 2004
        Carl,
        "Fearful Slaughter" is a board game from MMP (The Gamers, formerly) and
        is a 2 map tactical, regimental level game on Shiloh. It looks great. I
        recommend. It can be played solo too.
        Tom Mix