Re: The "Rock" - and wandering...

  • Billie
    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 30, 2004
      Before we return to the straight and narrow, let me indulge a
      fantasy... a movie of Chickamauga... with "The Rock" as Thomas!

      Billie

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Huddleston"
      <huddleston.r@c...> wrote:
      > No one -- including me -- is going to deny what Thomas did on
      Snodgrass.

      > And no one in 1863, including Abraham Lincoln, Edwin Stanton and
      Ulysses S.
      > Grant, denied Thomas' role in saving what remained of the Day at
      > Chickamauga. Indeed, Thomas received his promotion to Brigadier
      General in
      > the Regular Army as a reward, surely a Civil War record if not a
      world-wide
      > military record: can any one think of another general promoted for
      his
      > efforts in a losing battle?
      >
      > But we wander: the real question asked here a while ago was not
      *whether*
      > Thomas was Rock but when was he was *first* called a "Rock."
      >
      > Take care,
      >
      > Bob
      >
      > Judy and Bob Huddleston
      > 10643 Sperry Street
      > Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      > 303.451.6376 Huddleston.r@c...

      Printer
      > at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
      > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GmiolB/TM
    • P. B. Jones
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 30, 2004
        Absolutely!  First time I saw a picture of Butler I thought of Dennis Franz.