Re: Early events in Missouri in BLOODY HILL

  • carlw4514
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 9, 2004
      Make that 7 other slave states; before Sumter, 8 total had not seceded, 7 had. 4 more seceded after Sumter.
      I have a notion [but am not sure] that Maryland never got a chance to consider the issue officially. Delaware probably
      opted not to vote on it [again not sure]. The rest I believe all did, how many exactly did one thing before Sumter and
      another after would be interesting to know. In other words, had each of the 4 that seceded after Sumter voted earlier not to secede?
      Did Kentucky vote before Sumter? after Sumter? both?
      -I'm using the term 'vote' loosely, different states had different processes, I understand.