Munfordville, Ky Event and Union Occupation

  • USCavTroopr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2004
      Greetings & Salutation,
        First, let me appologize for sending this to several lists at once. Secondly, forgive me for sending it out just now.  I have recently been appointed Military Coordinator, and Union Commander for the Munfordville, Kentucky event.  Up until recently, it has slowly slipped into a farb fest, and now they wish to get it turned around, and make it a more progressive event.  This year we will be concentrating on the Union Occupation of the town, and the first raids lef by General Morgan.

      I have sent out several invitations to various Union and Confederate units that I am aware of, but under the short notice, I have not had time to do a lot of research to find other quality units to invite.  So I would like to make a broad announcement, and invite all quality units who would be interested in joining me in making this a great event to contact me privatly with notice of your interest, and information on your unit. I am also looking for a qualified Confederate field commander, to help me with that aspect of the event, and act as my "Deputy" persay in regards to organizing the military aspect.  The overall event coordinator, and the people handling other aspects of the event are all very supportive, and I think we have a strong chance to turn this event around, and make it something exciting for everyone.

        The event is to be held September 10-12, and will be an invitation only, immersion event.  We would like to see it grow more and more each year, I am counting on my friends in this Civil War Community to help me with this.  The usual bounties will be offered to units, and I am working on developing several ideas to make it an exciting event.  Since the event is basically being reworked from the ground up, I also welcome input from the units we are inviting.   This is also my first overall field command, and I would also welcome advise from those of you who have already been there.  :)

         Inclosed with this letter are some links with more information on the area, and I hope that you will look it over, and strongly consider adding us to your event schedule.  It is with the help of units like yours that we can turn this into a quality event for all involved.  http://poorehouse.org/hart/hartco3.htm   http://www.visitmunfordville.com/walk.htm  http://www.battleforthebridge.org/  Please look over these sites, and feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you might have.  I thank you for your time, and I hope to receive your RSVP.

      Sincerely Yours,
      Shane Evans
      1st US Cavalry
      Commander, Munfordville Garrison