Re: The Blockade

  • slippymississippi
    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 5, 2004
      <wh_keene@y...> wrote:
      > Don't you think it more likely that the offloading would take place
      > at some place like Pascagoula (at the mouth of the river), Biloxi,
      > Mississippi City or Pass Christian rather than on the islands? All
      > those spots would have had some port facilities.

      Natural depths, from what I have been able to snatch off the internet:

      Pass Christian: less than 10 feet
      Biloxi: 10-15 feet
      Ship Island: 25 feet
      Pascagoula River & Round Island: 30 feet
      Cat Island: ?
    • Robert (Bob) Taubman
      Message 36 of 36 , Feb 9, 2004
        "In Armageddon's Shadow, The Civil War and Canada's Maritime Provinces", by
        Greg Marquis, of St. Mary's University in Halifax, is a good source of
        information on blockade running. (ISBN 0-7735-1792-8)

        Bob Taubman