Re: The Blockade

  • hank9174
    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 5, 2004
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "slippymississippi"
      <slippymississippi@y...> wrote:

      > One alternative I forgot about: the Pearl River system was
      navigable
      > by riverboat to Jackson, so cargo potentially could have been
      > offloaded at the barrier islands and taken by riverboat to the rail
      > terminus there.

      Were there facilities in place on the barrier islands for cargo
      transfer? Workers, lifts, ramps, carts, etc.?

      HankC
    • Robert (Bob) Taubman
      Message 36 of 36 , Feb 9, 2004
        "In Armageddon's Shadow, The Civil War and Canada's Maritime Provinces", by
        Greg Marquis, of St. Mary's University in Halifax, is a good source of
        information on blockade running. (ISBN 0-7735-1792-8)

        Bob Taubman