Re: [civilwarwest] Re: The Blockade

  • John Beatty
    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 4 12:32 PM
      >The barrier islands off the coast of Mississippi had
      deep water access, as did the Pascagoula River. The
      Pascagoula River was navigable by barge to within
      reasonable distance of Meridian and Mobile, IIRC.

      They did, yes, but without rail communications they
      had limited value as supply points.

      =====
      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
    • Robert (Bob) Taubman
      Message 36 of 36 , Feb 9 6:54 AM
        "In Armageddon's Shadow, The Civil War and Canada's Maritime Provinces", by
        Greg Marquis, of St. Mary's University in Halifax, is a good source of
        information on blockade running. (ISBN 0-7735-1792-8)

        Bob Taubman