Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Texas Hospital & Confederate Cemetery

  • Kristin Scherrer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2004
      Is there any way you could send the group a copy of the picture?  I for one, would love to see it!
      Kristin

      GnrlJEJohnston@... wrote:
      I visited today the site of the Texas Hospital and the Confederate cemetery at Quitman, MS.  Such a useless vindicative action on the part of Union troops to burn down that establisment.  I will be writing more about it once I get my notes straight and do have pix to share with you once I get home.  On Feb 17th, it will be the 140th anniversery of when Sherman's troops under Gresham came into Quitman and leveled it.  They didn't care if it was of any military use to the Rebs or not, they just rampantly destroyed everything in sight.  I was able to take a pic of a pic of the original depot that Sherman's troops burned down.   For those that are not aware, this was an action that took place during Sherman's Meridian raid in February 1864.

      JEJ

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Do you Yahoo!?