Re: [civilwarwest] Johnston Bashing

  • quango
    Message 1 of 43 , Dec 31, 2003
      Well ASJ lies in the State Cemetery a few miles from where I am. Maybe we should consider him a Texan while discussing his admirable qualities but recall he was really from Kentucky when considering his failings. And we can do the same for John Bell Hood.

      Tom with a "D"

      At 06:14 PM 12/31/03 -0800, carole d hanson wrote:
      Great Idea! I must say Ladies and Gentlemen, that here I sit on New Year's Eve, a single, still attractive woman with no place to go and no one I would want to go with, and I am enjoying our camaraderie much more than many New Year's parties I have attended. And if I have misspelled camaraderie, blame on my new glass of wine. I may have trouble bashing ASJ -- after all, I am a Texan and ASJ prior to his early demise at Shiloh was considered to be a great hope for generalship in the CSA. Carole

      On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 19:27:15 -0600 quango <quango@...> writes:
      Let's give Joe a rest and continue bashing Albert Sidney for a while.

      Happy New Year everybody.

      Tom Dynia
    • DPowell334@AOL.COM
      Message 43 of 43 , Jan 2 3:13 PM
        In a message dated 1/2/2004 2:53:48 PM Central Standard Time, donpon48@... writes:

        There was a fort McPherson in the late 1860's in Nebraska.

        And,  Of course, Fort McPherson outside Atlanta.

        Dave Powell