[civilwarwest] Re: Grant

  • Nonums@aol.com
    Message 1 of 72 , Nov 22, 1999
      Carl:
      You present an interesting" what if".
      I really believe Bragg would find a way to screw up his end of that
      situation. Short of surrendering to Rosey, I have no idea how, but he'd mess
      it up. Boy, talk about star-crossed.
      Jack
    • Laurence D. Schiller
      Message 72 of 72 , Sep 16, 2005
        At 2:48 AM +0000 9/16/05, civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        >Laurie,
        > The farm between the Park and the Interstate 24 has just sold
        >(500A) and zoned commercial hwy. The farm on the old Wilkinson Pike.

        Sorry to hear this - and so it goes... That's why I try to give what
        I can to the CWPT.

        >The chance for winning...
        >We are at the head knocking wall . Would you like a cup of English tea.

        Excellent idea, Lt. Col. Fremantle!

        >Let me turn this debate to a subject I've only listened to in the past.
        >If the North is so strong that no possibility of winning militarily
        >then does that put Grant in another light. Did he just keep throwing
        >men into the fire and had no real strategy to beat Lee other than
        >wear him down. Could any General have accomplished this.

        Good question and I will pass for the moment - I've other work to do
        and I think have talked enough for now. Back to a bit of lurking as
        I've got an official visit for a recruit about to start.

        Talk to you soon.

        Laurie Schiller

        --
        Dr. Laurence Dana Schiller Civil War First Person Impressions
        Maitre d'Armes William Bradshaw, Co. F 2nd WI