Re: Passing of Jerry L. Russell

  • Dave Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2003
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, lilsteve68@a... wrote:
      > It is with Great Sadness   that I inform you all of the passing of
      Jerry L > Russell

      Like others who have echoed comments about Jerry, he was a giant in
      our time and cannot be replaced. Over the years we've not always
      seen eye-to-eye, but even during those times, we still understood
      each other.

      I had a chance to speak at his Lexington meeting last year and
      finally meet him face-to-face.

      In terms of important people in my Civil War lifetime, Jerry ranks
      right up there with Ed Bearss. Different kind of person, obviously,
      but right up there in terms of importance.

      Dave