What do you think of...John Pemberton ??

  • north_carolina_26th
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 4, 2003
      Traitor?? coward?? or "Defender Of Vicksburg" ??
      In my opinion I think he could have done a lot better job
      defending Vicksburg, but I have to admit I do not know as much
      about the war in the west as I should, but I am here to learn !!

      Covered In Glory The 26TH
    • james2044
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 11, 2003
        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Smith" <dmsmith001@y...>
        wrote:
        > By that logic, (and to invoke as a point of reference that theater-
        > that-shall-not-be-mentioned) Abraham Lincoln was responsible for
        > Fredericksburg (First).

        Dave;

        I'll agree with that statement. When Burnside got command of the
        AOP, over his objections, it was with a clear understanding that a
        winter campaign was required. Given this logic, Lincoln was
        responsible for 1st Bull Run too.

        James2044