Re: 139th Anniversery of Franklin, Tennessee

  • hank9174
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Johnnyreb6@a... wrote:

      I'll put in a plug for what I think is the best-written, single-
      volume of a Civil War campaign: Wiley Sword's 'Embrace an Angry Wind:
      The Confederacy's Last Hurrah: Spring Hill, Franklin, and Nashville'.

      Shucks, scratch that 'single-volume' part as well...

      HankC
    • Robert (Bob) Taubman
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
        I'll second that emotion. A wonderful read and my favourite.

        > I'll put in a plug for what I think is the best-written, single-
        > volume of a Civil War campaign: Wiley Sword's 'Embrace an Angry Wind:
        > The Confederacy's Last Hurrah: Spring Hill, Franklin, and Nashville'.
        >
        > Shucks, scratch that 'single-volume' part as well...
        >

        > HankC

      • james2044
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "hank9174" <clarkc@m...> wrote:
          > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Johnnyreb6@a... wrote:
          >
          > I'll put in a plug for what I think is the best-written, single-
          > volume of a Civil War campaign: Wiley Sword's 'Embrace an Angry
          Wind:
          > The Confederacy's Last Hurrah: Spring Hill, Franklin, and
          Nashville'.

          > Shucks, scratch that 'single-volume' part as well...
          >

          > HankC

          A great book, Sword is always a good read.

          James2044