Re: [civilwarwest] Another Book Question

  • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2003
      In a message dated 11/24/2003 7:37:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, james2044@... writes:

      "Forrest at Brice's Crossroad and in North Mississippi" by Edwin
      Bearss.  Any info on this one?

      Haven't heard about that one written by Ed.  The best I have read that is short, concise, and to the point is Parker Hills'  "A Study in Warfighting: Nathan Bedford Forrest and the Battle of Brice's Crossroads" published in 1995 by BGES

      JEJ

    • Thomas A Hardy
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2003
        This is an older book that I got from Morningside years ago. It is an
        excellent study of the campaign and very readable. Will make you wonder
        why anyone would put Samuel Sturgis in command of a squad

        Tom H
        Kansas City

        On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:38:36 -0000 "james2044" <james2044@...>
        writes:
        > "Forrest at Brice's Crossroad and in North Mississippi" by Edwin
        > Bearss. Any info on this one?
        >
        > James2044

        Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
      • Dave Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 25, 2003
          I agree. It may be avaliable from Morningside Press.

          It's very good.

          Dave

          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Thomas A Hardy <thardy9@j...>