Speaking of Middle Creek and Garfield

  • carlw4514
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 9, 2003
      I am now reading and highly reccommend Kenneth D. Ackerman's book DARK HORSE: THE SURPRISE ELECTION AND POLITCAL
      MURDER OF PRESIDENT JAMES A. GARFIELD. The same figures we talk about in our group appear in later life
      here in the book, and it is just pretty interesting history for anyone who would also be interested in the
      ACW. It's a story about the waning influence of Grant [last hurrah for sure, trying to get the nomination] and
      also the Shermans [the senator and the general].