Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Pea Ridge

  • elevator650@aol.com
    Message 1 of 59 , Nov 5, 2003
             In the response to Jame's post saying asboth, osterhous, sigel must have known that all they had to do was hold on, I think it is important to note that sigel fought hard to open up a line of retreat never really thinking of the win but of survival, and asboth was even worse going as far as to go around the first night telling people the army should retreat and possibly causing morale to go down.  Their lack of confidence in Curtis and in there men was unwarranted in my opinion.
      -David
    • Dan Giallombardo
      Message 59 of 59 , Aug 1, 2005
        Yeah, I know how that goes....Dan

        > In a message dated 7/29/2005 9:33:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        > GnrlJEJohnston@a... writes:
        >
        > Also, wasn't it Curtis that chased Steele over five hundred miles
        across
        > Arkansas. The longest pursuit in the CW.
        >
        > JEJ
        >

        > Delete this post, it was Price that was chased and it was either
        Curtis or