Re: Pea Ridge

  • james2044
    Message 1 of 59 , Nov 5, 2003
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "ACES_DUGOUT" <acesdugout@c...>
      wrote:
      > Yet Curtis and Sigel made a lot of good moves and had some very
      talented sub unit commanders that fought well and held there own
      with there back to the wall.

      James,

      Thank you! We tend to focus on Van Dorn and forget the Union Army.
      Curtis is one of the unsung heros of the war and should be
      remembered. He just kept his head and handled his force very well.
      Sigel had one of his few "good days" here. Osterhaus, Asboth, Davis
      and Carr all did an excellent job in trying times.

      I think at some point they must have realized that Van Dorn
      was "had" and all they had to do was hang on.

      James2044
    • Dan Giallombardo
      Message 59 of 59 , Aug 1, 2005
        Yeah, I know how that goes....Dan

        > In a message dated 7/29/2005 9:33:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        > GnrlJEJohnston@a... writes:
        >
        > Also, wasn't it Curtis that chased Steele over five hundred miles
        across
        > Arkansas. The longest pursuit in the CW.
        >
        > JEJ
        >

        > Delete this post, it was Price that was chased and it was either
        Curtis or