Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Pea Ridge

  • Tim Campbell
    Message 1 of 59 , Nov 5, 2003

      Yes this case can be made. However a harder pressed left attack was still sort of hopeless because ive been there and its open flat ground (it was prairie during the battle.) The Union artillery would of had a clear shot to fire on but on the left there was hand to hand fighting . Maybe if the attack happened sooner

      >From: "carlw4514"
      >To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [civilwarwest] Re: Pea Ridge
      >Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 15:28:32 -0000
      >
      >so a case can be made that Van Dorn did not really pull off his
      >surprise. Certainly Curtis was able to check him. If the left wing had
      >been made stronger, would the check move have been overwhelmed?
      >
      >--- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Campbell"
      >wrote:
      > >
      > I live in the ozark region and in march its still in
      >th
      > 40s and the country roads are mud and force
      > marching on these roads would of been slow
      > alowing Curtis to find out. When curtis found out he
      > swong his army around from his entrenchments at
      > little sugar creek. This march was not so great buy
      > allowing to have your supplies 20 miles away.
      > Tacticaly it got around the entrenchments but it was
      > slow alowing the union to take the highground.

      >Rent DVDs from home.
      >Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
      >& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
      >http://us.click.yahoo.com/I3w.vC/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/GmiolB/TM

      Great deals on high-speed Internet access as low as $26.95.*
      * Prices may vary by service area.
    • Dan Giallombardo
      Message 59 of 59 , Aug 1, 2005
        Yeah, I know how that goes....Dan

        > In a message dated 7/29/2005 9:33:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        > GnrlJEJohnston@a... writes:
        >
        > Also, wasn't it Curtis that chased Steele over five hundred miles
        across
        > Arkansas. The longest pursuit in the CW.
        >
        > JEJ
        >

        > Delete this post, it was Price that was chased and it was either
        Curtis or