Hardee

  • LWhite64@aol.com
    Message 1 of 43 , Jan 6, 2001
      I have just joined the group and have noticed several interesting threads
      over the past few months. One topic that I have been looking at lately is
      how good was William J. Hardee? It seems the more I read and the more I
      research him that my opinon of him keeps getting lower, I recently read a new
      book on the tactics and leadership of the Army of Tennessee that damns him a
      great deal for the failings of the AOT on the tactical level and also really
      doesnt help matters in the political portion of the AOT either. Any thoughts?

      Lee White
    • GnrlJEJohnston@aol.com
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 26, 2006
        In a message dated 2/26/2006 8:13:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, LWhite64@... writes:
        Ironically more inovation
        would come from Bragg than Hardee, and most comeing from Cleburne.
        It is very telling that in the spring of 1863 Cleburne went to Bragg,
        not Hardee, about putting together a manual for marksmanship.
        It was also Cleburne that planned the strategy that was used at the battle of Richmond, KY where Nelson's army was decimated.

        JEJ