Bowen's Battle Flag

  • Ron Wright
    Message 1 of 60 , Jan 4, 2001
      Peter:

      you will see what I believe is the Battle Flag of the Missouri Brigade.  The picture is from the national park site for Franklin.  This is the same flag Tucker uses in his book.  It is also the Missouri State Guard flag.

      Ron

      "...in the most gallant, dashing, fearless manner, officers and men With loud cheers threw themselves forward against the enemies hitherto victorious lines."
      General Francis Marion Cockrell, Missouri Brigade, CSA.
    • Stephen D Wakefield
      Message 60 of 60 , Jan 8, 2001
        I think one CS Lt. General you overlooked was Wade Hampton - also a
        late war appointment. This additional name certainly does not in
        anyway impact upon the validity of your point. Jefferson Davis had a
        very strong prejudice in favor of West Pointers.