Re: [civilwarwest] DIXIE RANGERS

  • jim shell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2003
      thanks
              jw
      -------Original Message-------

      Date: Thursday, October 09, 2003 21:40:06
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] DIXIE RANGERS

      >    I AM LOOKING FOR SOME INFORMATION ON THE DIXIE RANGERS.
      >THERE IS A PICTURE IN A BOOK OF A FLAG WITH THE NAME DIXIE RANGERS
      >WRITTEN ACROSS IT. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS ABOUT THIS PLEASE LET ME
      >KNOW.
      >        JW SHELL

          According to information found in the OR (Official Records)
      The flag of the Dixie Rangers was captured by a detachment
      of the 4th Indiana Cavalry, near Barnesville, Louisiana, on
      April 19, 1865.  The OR notes that there is no official
      record of that unit's designation.
          However, The Dixie Rangers, were  Co. C, 65th Georgia
      Infantry.  A search for Company C of the 65th Georgia Infantry
      will give you the story of the "Rangers."

      Regards,  Dave Gorski