Egroups change

  • Peter Mancini
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
      Hi all,
      I am the moderator of a bunch of egroup now yahoogroups. I had to
      reregister them via a "wizard" however I didn't have to do anything
      to normally receive mail. I did have to change my address book from
      send mail to XYZ@egroups.com to XYZ@yahoogroups.com (annoying but
      easily fixed). My biggest problem was posting. It turns out that
      you can send mail to me at peter_Manospamcini@... but mail from
      me is labled peter_manospamcini@.... If you have an MSN
      account or any account that sends mail with a longer, more defined
      email address then you have to go into your yahoogroups profile and
      set that as a valid secondary address. DON'T change your primary
      email address as that screws everything up. Trust me. Not worth it.

      One benefit I had was I was already a yahoo.com member (since early
      1997) so I didn't have to do anything special there.

      Overall I think the service is running fine (perhaps faster) but the
      interface is baboon butt ugly. To the victor, the spoils.

      --Peter