Re: Atlanta

  • Peter Mancini
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 1, 2001
      --- In civilwarwest@y..., "William A. Turnier" <turnierwa@h...> wrote:
      > Most importanly i wouldlike to see the
      > places where McPherson was shot.

      How many times was he shot?

      I am not sure if he is the one, but one of the monuments to a fallen
      officer is in the pick-up lane of a McDonalds Drive-Thru. I think
      that is near Stones River/Murfreesboro however. I can't remember
      right - I did a whirlwind tour of battlefields last summer in a two
      week time span. I hit 6 battlefields including but not limited to
      Stones River, Chicamauga, Chattanooga, Balls Bluff and Gettysburg.
      Did it all by car. I am missing one battlefield out of that list, I
      will have to revisit my notes. I think the funniest thing that I got
      out of that trip was a list of "stupid questions" asked by tourists
      at the battlefields. I got all sorts of classics.

      --Peter