GRANTed

  • Gary/Audrey Ford
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2001
          If something had happened to Grant the US would have found somebody else.  We have a way of finding great generals when we really need them.  Washington, Grant, Pershing, etc.  Depending when something happened to Grant there would be several choices.  The war would still have been won by the North,  it just would have happened in a different manner.  Most  people would pick Sherman but remember he was no favorite of Stanton or Halleck.  Maybe Warren or Hancock from the east.  Or Macpherson or Howard from the west?  The point was Grant did come forth and was successful thus no need was found to keep trying, don't mess with success.

      Gary