Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Polk, Bragg, and Burnside

  • carl r williams
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 23, 2001
      you are right, we shouldn't be discussin McClellan, but for my part I
      have always felt we would have seen a different general but for the
      incredibly bad intelligence he received .... he always thougt he was
      outnumbered, thanks to Pinkerton

      On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:00:43 -0000 "Peter Mancini"
      <peter_mancini@...> writes:
      > My favorite person to defend is McClellan. I started out with the
      > generally accepted opinion that he was an idiot, came to realize how
      >
      > good a general he really was and now have changed back to thinking
      > he
      > was a talented general with great personal limitations.
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.