The Shooting War

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2000
      Really it *is* on topic. :>)

      If the American Civil War was the first photographed war (I know: there are
      a few photos of the Mexican-American and Crimean Wars but the ACW was the
      first to be extensively photographed) then the Second World War was the
      first to be covered extensively by motion pictures.

      Thursday evening, Pearl Harbor Day, ABC will have a two hour special on the
      combat photographers of the Second World War, produced by Tom Hanks. The
      promos I have seen appear excellent.

      Take care,

      Bob

      JUDY AND BOB HUDDLESTON