RE: [civilwarwest] "Conservative Military"

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2000
      Well, I guess that's what comes of giving a horse hating music teacher a
      cavalry regiment!

      As one who is almost as tone deaf as Grant, I wonder if the ability to lead
      an orchestra would help leading a regiment. And if something in music could
      translate into common sense that a military leader needs/

      Take care,

      Bob

      JUDY AND BOB HUDDLESTON
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      303.451.6376 adco@...
      Fax: 303.452.3051

      Bob:
      In the case of Grierson, I suspect that the reason for his not having been
      "bound up in the conventional wisdom" is that he was altogether ignorant of
      the conventional wisdom, having not read even Cooke, much less Jomini and
      the rest of the Europeans. I see Grierson as less a rebel than (like
      Forrest) as a man with a natural, if unexpected, gift.
      Regards,
      Madelon Heatherington