[civilwarwest] Re: Fw: Lee's tactics rebuttal

  • Nonums@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 1999
      Since I was the one who responded to the historical inaccuracies in the
      original posting, please allow me to respond.
      Those who would sanctify or demonize Sherman as well as those who would
      praise or hate Lee are really not the issue at all, it seems to me.
      The original post contained gross inaccuracies to which historical fact
      can and, in my opinion should, be addressed. A couple of the reactions to the
      various posts remind me of the adage re: "killing the messenger". Ersatz
      history is just that.
      Hate Lee and/or Sherman all you please; but in an open, history forum, do
      you not have the obligation to support your position?
      What say you, Moderators and unheard from members?
      Jack O'Connor
    • Nonums@aol.com