RE: [civilwarwest] Jack Ehmer - Sand Creek

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 17, 2000
      Unfortunately Sand Creek and Col. Chivington *were* part of the Civil War: Chivington had been the hero of Glorieta Pass. And the Third Colorado was a United States Volunteer Cavalry outfit, fully mustered and entitled to call themselves a part of the Grand Army of the Republic as was the Twentieth Maine.

      Take care,

      Bob

      JUDY AND BOB HUDDLESTON
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
      303.451.6376    adco@...
      Fax: 303.452.3051

      Jack Ehmer:
      I to do not consider Evans or Chivington actions at Sand Creek, part of the Civil War.  Sand Creek and Chivington actions are some of our history lowest points.  How ever both got away with their actions.

      Brad Schall