Greetings from SC

  • Ron Wright
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2000
      My name is Ron Wright.  I am the GGGrandson of Lt. John Edward Wright, Co B, Missouri Brigade, CSA.  I maintain a modest website for the Missouri Brigade at

      As the Missouri Brigade was involved in the Western Theatre, I have an immense interest there.  I believe that the South lost the war at the hands of General Joe Johnston, CSA, who for two fleeting weeks in the summer of 1863, with the combined forces of his and Pemberton's, outnumbered Grant's invasion force and held them in a clamp.  Johnston's inability to attack allowed the fall of Vicksburg and thus the loss of the Mississippi and the war.

      I usually sign my civil war posts as:

      Ron in SC

      "...in the most gallant, dashing, fearless manner, officers and men With loud cheers threw themselves forward against the enemies hitherto victorious lines."
      General Francis Marion Cockrell, Missouri Brigade, CSA.
    • Ron Wright