Re: [civilwarwest] From Paducah with Love

  • basecat@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2000
      Addison....To say Grant was routed at Belmont is wrong.....and while his
      troops did act poorly once they hit the Confederate Camps, I.e. looting
      etc...IMHO...Grant did wonders getting his troops out of the predicament
      they caused themselves........As for the Paducah, KY takeover ...check
      out Bruce Catton's work on Grant....IIRC...Good description in the
      second Volume deals with his taking of Paducah...after the good Bishop
      took over Columbus, Kentucky...Regards from the Garden State.

      Steve