Politics of war ( maybe a little off topic)

  • ralph turnier
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2000
      One thing that I do not think people look at is the way politics influence
      war. Sun tuz in the art of war wrote that when politics intervened on
      behalf of war then failure is just around the corner. The question I have
      is do you feel that because the CSA was founded on �states Rights� that in
      the end politics clouded military decisions. It seems sort of silly that
      some states soldiers had no clothing and yet others were well clothed. I
      know for a fact that the State of NC had so much Clothing that after the war
      the state clothed the prisoners. This clothing lasted till the 30�s.
      States refused to cooperate with other sates of Richmond. In my option that
      even if the CSA succeeded in the civil war they would have fell apart just
      because the country was founded on the division of beliefs rather uniting of
      them.

      I would like to address Mr. weeks disappointment. I am a member of this
      group because the people of this group are not a bunch of yahoos that think
      that they know every thing by picking up one book. Every one here will read
      answers and give a good reply. Thank you