Level Ground

  • ecm777@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2000
      Most of you probably already received or saw this posting from the Southern
      Heritage group, but I thought it was worth sharing again.

      It is recorded that in June of 1865, Robert E Lee knelt down next to an
      African American man who had come forward to communion in a church with the
      whites. When asked later about why he did such an "unthinkable act", General
      Lee replied..." The ground in front of the cross is level and we all come as
      poor wretched sinners..."

      Amen!!!!!
      Colleen