Artillery drill

  • Hugh Martyr
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22 2:47 AM
      Thanks Clyde and all others. My knowledge of the artillery has increased in leaps and bounds also my envy at not being able to see you guys in action. The artillery used in our Civil War was a little less sophisticated! Another point that has occured to me is the reliance of the artillery on the horses, they must have become a target to the enemy but how could they be withdrawn and not endanger the ability of the batteries to retreat if necessary. Waqs there an adequate source of replacements? I should imagine they needed a good deal of training. Whose job would it have been to look after them during battle? Enjoying the correspondance. Happy Easter.
      Hugh. (U.K.)