Re: [civilwarwest] Artillery drill

  • Steve Charles
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 17, 2000
      Clyde,
      We portray the 5th Wisconsin battery. the 5th was armed initially with six
      pdr.'s but then went to two Parrotts, two Napoleons & two Mt. Howitzers. The
      3" Ord. rifle is a great gun. The light weight made them very suitable for
      horse artillery. Right now we have a section of Mt. Howitzers and will begin
      work on a #1 carriage very soon.