Re: [civilwarwest] Artillery drill

  • Aaron Strong
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2000
      Clyde,

      Haven't really studied the artilley of the War. Have been the wormer on a
      Mt. Howitzer though. I think it was a 1/4 scale. I have seen the bands on
      the Parrott's at Gettysburg though. Never really knew what they were
      for.Never thought that a gun could hold that much powder without blowing up.
      The guys who have the 3" bought it down in New Market. It is an original.
      Have also seen an original Napoleon also with limber and everything. The guy
      uses it to protect his house(in Brooklyn)LOL. I'm not on a crew but love
      hearing them on the field.
      Aaron