Fw: Help get out the vote! Email everyone you know and ask them to VOTE FOR AL GORE!

  • CLAYTON BRANNON
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 6, 2000
      Be sure and vote tomorrow. A VOTE for AL GORE is a vote for a better future
      for America.

      Clayton Brannon
      Click here for Free Video!!
      http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000
        I'd much prefer this to be a message urging people to get out to vote without mention of any candidate.  I'll vote my conscience and I expect others to do the same.

        Respectfully,

        Pat
      • Clyde Thompson
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000
          Civil War Group:
          We don't mention Eastern Civil war.
          Don't tell me who to vote for.Bad choice.
          Clyde>

          =====
          Clyde

          http://shopping.yahoo.com/
        • jaaah@tbcnet.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000
            Amen Clyde!

          • jrayelliot@aol.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000
              --- In civilwarwest@egroups.com, "CLAYTON BRANNON" <civilwarcb@w...>
              wrote:
              > Be sure and vote tomorrow. A VOTE for AL GORE is a vote for a
              better future
              > for America.
              >
              > Clayton Brannon

              Clayton,
              Give me a break. Voting is important but this afterall is a
              discussion group on the western theater of Civil War. So what company
              and regiment is "Old Al" trying to get elected an officer in?

              > Click here for Free Video!!
              > http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

            • Bob Huddleston
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000
                Let's make this more topical.

                Both GW and Al have deep roots, even if GW's are in Maine :>)

                I assume Al's GGgrandfather was trying to get elected in a Tennessee
                regiment and GW's in a Maine outfit.

                The following was posted elsewhere a couple of years ago:

                A Tale of Two Soldiers (a shore-enuff true one, too)

                Among the many Sons of Mississippi who answered the call of the infant
                Confederate States were two ordinary dirt farmers who are notable not so
                much for their own accomplishments as they are for their progeny.

                One man served as a private in Company H of the 27th Mississippi Infantry,
                Walthall's Brigade, Army of Tennessee. The other was a private in Company F
                of the 34th Mississippi Infantry, also of Walthall's Brigade. Following the
                disasters at the Battles of Franklin and Nashville and the subsequent
                retreat of the army, the 27th and 34th Mississippi Infantries were
                consolidated into one regiment. The new, consolidated regiment and these two
                men (who may have been members of the same company, although I have not
                confirmed that...) carried on to the end of the war, fighting their last
                action at Bentonville.

                So what's the big deal? If these two men could have seen the future, they
                may very well have shot at each other rather than the yankees. Lemme give
                you their names.

                William H. Buchanan, Pvt., Co. H, 27th Mississippi Infantry, g.g.
                grandfather of one Patrick J. Buchanan.

                and

                Thomas Jefferson Blythe, Pvt., Co. F, 34th Mississippi Infantry, Army g.g.
                grandfather of one William Jefferson Clinton.

                Take care,

                Bob

                JUDY AND BOB HUDDLESTON
                10643 Sperry Street
                Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
                303.451.6376 adco@...
                Fax: 303.452.3051

                SNIP
                Clayton,
                Give me a break. Voting is important but this afterall is a
                discussion group on the western theater of Civil War. So what company
                and regiment is "Old Al" trying to get elected an officer in?
              • W. T. Dixon, III
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 9, 2000
                  --- CLAYTON BRANNON <civilwarcb@...> wrote:
                  > Be sure and vote tomorrow. A VOTE for AL GORE is a vote
                  > for a better future
                  > for America.
                  >
                  > Clayton Brannon
                  > Click here for Free Video!!
                  > http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

                  The preceding e-mail was probably well intentioned, but it
                  was very unnecessary and should not be done again. DO NOT
                  TELL ME FOR WHOM TO VOTE.

                  =====
                  W. T. Dixon, III
                  Tallahassee, FL

                  http://www.Geocities.com/Heartland/6519/index2.html

                  http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                • Dick Weeks
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 9, 2000
                    This type message is inappropriate for this list and I have already
                    addressed this subject. Therefore the next one that comes over, the
                    sender will be immediately unsubscribed. No questions asked.

                    Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
                    http://www.civilwarhome.com
                  • Dick Weeks

                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 9, 2000
                        --- Dick Weeks <shotgun@...> wrote:
                        > This type message is inappropriate for this list ...

                        Mr. Weeks,

                        Thank you for your splendid leadership.

                        =====

                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 9, 2000