Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Fw: Help get out the vote! Email everyone you know and...

  • hvonbork@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2000
      Allowing Al Gore propaganda to appear in this Civil War
      Forum reflects clearly on the brazen poor taste and judgment of the sender
      but also on the attentiveness of the Moderator.
      Jack
    • Dick Weeks
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2000
        Jack, if I, or my moderators, jumped on someone for the first thing they did
        to break the rules (or at least bend them a bit) we would be a pretty poor
        lot. You will notice that I let some of the Eastern Theater posts slide a
        little too. I don't want any member of this group to be afraid to make a
        post for fear of being jumped on the first time they step over the line. If
        I, or my moderators, think that something is too far out or continues too
        long rest assured that one of us will react. I think if you remember, Pat
        (a moderator) made a post right after the offending one this morning which I
        thought was warning enough. Must have worked because I haven't seen it
        repeated. Anyway, I hope you and the rest understand what we are trying to
        accomplish with this group.

        By the way, if any of you are interested on how I feel about the election
        process you can check a little message board that Henry (our chatroom
        moderator) maintains for me. It is called "Shotgun's Morning Message Board"
        and while I don't use it nearly as often as I would like to you will find I
        did put up a post concerning the elections this morning. Rest assured I did
        not take sides. How I vote is private with me. However, how I feel about
        the process is public knowledge. Anyway, here's the link.
        http://www.us-civilwar.com/forums/db_TalkToMeV2.cgi?forum_name=shotgun
        If you have time, you might want to read a few of the posts I have made
        over the months. You might find some of them interesting.

        Now back to your regular programming. I just wanted folks to know that I
        read every message that comes from the group. Because I do not always react
        does not mean that I don't read them. My computer, because of the volume of
        mail I get, downloads my email every ten minutes.

        Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
        http://www.civilwarhome.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2000
          Shotgun-
          I believe everyone in this forum and elsewhere is appreciative of your
          consistently well reasoned and fair approach to any problem or question and
          for that, I'm sure, we all thank you. Your response in this instance is
          example enough.
          However, please be assured that my comment re: the poor taste and
          judgment of that poster would have applied as well to a Bush propagandist.
          I am, Sir, with considerable respect,
          Yr obt svt,
          Jack
        • hvonbork@aol.com