[civilwarwest] Re: Detailes of joining either army? HELP !

  • GARET848@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22 11:59 AM
      To each and every one of you who answered me I'd like to say: Thank you! And
      we very much appreciate your information. As always, I again say I appreciate
      the "knowledge of the whole".

      I am embarassed to ask, but one person whose name I did not note ate
      timereplied with a very detailed description of the recruitment, training,
      intergration into the ranks for the union army. I had jsut read the reply,
      read it to may wife and before I could keep unread , save or print I had a
      brief power outage and the message was deleted as it had been read. If per
      chance the author or another person on the list still has the message and
      could resend it or forward it to me I would greatly appreaciate it. Again I
      am embarassed and regretful to have to ask. I would like to print and retain
      the reply. I have been forwarding the replies to other who are equally
      interested.

      And if others could speak to the formality or informaility of the process in
      the Confederacy I would especially appreciate additional informtion about the
      south? Some how I have a impression that the Confederacy was more loosely
      organized. I read often of soldiers who "went home to help with the harvest"
      and returned; "went home to check on the family" (Perhaps nice words for
      desertion?). Perhaps out of desperation the Confederacy would tend to "take
      help" where ever it came from?

      Again, thank you for the help.

      Coy Garrett
      garet848@...