Fw: Help get out the vote! Email everyone you know and ask them to VOTE FOR AL GORE!

  • CLAYTON BRANNON
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 6, 2000
      Be sure and vote tomorrow. A VOTE for AL GORE is a vote for a better future
      for America.

      Clayton Brannon
      Click here for Free Video!!
      http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

        > * * * Get Out The Vote Mail - November 6, 2000 * * *
        > get wired in to the Gore-Lieberman campaign @ http://www.algore.com
        >
        > Send an E-Mail to Your Personal E-Mail List!
        > Tell Folks Why You are Voting for Al Gore and Joe Lieberman!
        >

        > Dear Anne,
        >
        > Tomorrow is Election Day! Help us spread Al Gore's and Joe
        > Lieberman's message by sending an e-mail to as many people as you can.
        > Tell them to vote! And tell them this election is about big choices
        > and real differences. Al Gore has an agenda that benefits all
        > Americans, not just a few:
        >
        > * Gore's middle-class tax cuts would fit within a balanced budget
        > to ensure that all Americans benefit from the nation's current
        > prosperity. George W. Bush's massive tax cut would put prosperity
        > in peril, returning the nation to deficits and making it
        > "impossible" to eliminate the debt. Almost half of Bush's tax cuts
        > are targeted toward the few who make more than $300,000 a year.
        >
        > * Gore would take steps to protect Social Security for seniors and
        > provide a new choice to encourage younger workers to save for
        > retirement. George W. Bush has made a promise he cannot keep. He
        > has admitted that he would drain $1 trillion of the Social Security
        > Trust Fund into private accounts for younger workers, but he has
        > also promised the same money to seniors for their Social Security
        > checks. What choice will he make?
        >
        > * Gore will pursue proven strategies for improving public education
        > - reducing class sizes, improving standards and accountability, and
        > bringing technology into classrooms. He has worked to increase access
        > to higher education and lifetime learning opportunities, and he has
        > advocated for get-tough proposals to make schools safer and drug-free.
        >
        > * "Nothing is more important to us than our families," write Al Gore
        > and Joe Lieberman in the introduction of their book Bringing
        > Prosperity Home: Choices for America's Families. "We need policies
        > that value families -- that let parents balance work and family and
        > make our schools, hospitals, and communities more friendly to
        families'
        > needs."

        > Gore/Lieberman, Inc.
        > 601 Mainstream Drive
        > Nashville, TN 37228
        > 615-340-2000
        > TTY (For the hearing-impaired) 615-340-3260
        >
        > http://www.algore.com
        >
        > Paid for by Gore/Lieberman, Inc.

      • P. B. Jones
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000
          I'd much prefer this to be a message urging people to get out to vote without mention of any candidate.  I'll vote my conscience and I expect others to do the same.

          Respectfully,

          Pat
        • P. B. Jones
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000
            I'd much prefer this to be a message urging people to get out to vote without mention of any candidate.  I'll vote my conscience and I expect others to do the same.

            Respectfully,

            Pat
          • Clyde Thompson
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000
              Civil War Group:
              We don't mention Eastern Civil war.
              Don't tell me who to vote for.Bad choice.
              Clyde>

              =====
              Clyde

              http://shopping.yahoo.com/
            • Clyde Thompson

                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000
                  Amen Clyde!

                • jaaah@tbcnet.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000

                  • jrayelliot@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000
                      --- In civilwarwest@egroups.com, "CLAYTON BRANNON" <civilwarcb@w...>
                      wrote:
                      > Be sure and vote tomorrow. A VOTE for AL GORE is a vote for a
                      better future
                      > for America.
                      >
                      > Clayton Brannon

                      Clayton,
                      Give me a break. Voting is important but this afterall is a
                      discussion group on the western theater of Civil War. So what company
                      and regiment is "Old Al" trying to get elected an officer in?

                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000
                        wrote:
                        > Be sure and vote tomorrow. A VOTE for AL GORE is a vote for a
                        better future
                        > for America.
                        >
                        > Clayton Brannon

                        Clayton,
                        Give me a break. Voting is important but this afterall is a
                        discussion group on the western theater of Civil War. So what company
                        and regiment is "Old Al" trying to get elected an officer in?

                        > Click here for Free Video!!
                        > http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

                      • Bob Huddleston
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 7, 2000
                          Let's make this more topical.

                          Both GW and Al have deep roots, even if GW's are in Maine :>)

                          I assume Al's GGgrandfather was trying to get elected in a Tennessee
                          regiment and GW's in a Maine outfit.

                          The following was posted elsewhere a couple of years ago:

                          A Tale of Two Soldiers (a shore-enuff true one, too)

                          Among the many Sons of Mississippi who answered the call of the infant
                          Confederate States were two ordinary dirt farmers who are notable not so
                          much for their own accomplishments as they are for their progeny.

                          One man served as a private in Company H of the 27th Mississippi Infantry,
                          Walthall's Brigade, Army of Tennessee. The other was a private in Company F
                          of the 34th Mississippi Infantry, also of Walthall's Brigade. Following the
                          disasters at the Battles of Franklin and Nashville and the subsequent
                          retreat of the army, the 27th and 34th Mississippi Infantries were
                          consolidated into one regiment. The new, consolidated regiment and these two
                          men (who may have been members of the same company, although I have not
                          confirmed that...) carried on to the end of the war, fighting their last
                          action at Bentonville.

                          So what's the big deal? If these two men could have seen the future, they
                          may very well have shot at each other rather than the yankees. Lemme give
                          you their names.

                          William H. Buchanan, Pvt., Co. H, 27th Mississippi Infantry, g.g.
                          grandfather of one Patrick J. Buchanan.

                          and

                          Thomas Jefferson Blythe, Pvt., Co. F, 34th Mississippi Infantry, Army g.g.
                          grandfather of one William Jefferson Clinton.

                          Take care,

                          Bob

                          JUDY AND BOB HUDDLESTON
                          10643 Sperry Street
                          Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
                          303.451.6376 adco@...
                          Fax: 303.452.3051

                          SNIP

                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 9, 2000
                              --- CLAYTON BRANNON <civilwarcb@...> wrote:
                              > Be sure and vote tomorrow. A VOTE for AL GORE is a vote
                              > for a better future
                              > for America.
                              >
                              > Clayton Brannon
                              > Click here for Free Video!!
                              > http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

                              The preceding e-mail was probably well intentioned, but it
                              was very unnecessary and should not be done again. DO NOT
                              TELL ME FOR WHOM TO VOTE.

                              =====
                              W. T. Dixon, III
                              Tallahassee, FL

                              http://www.Geocities.com/Heartland/6519/index2.html

                              http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                            • W. T. Dixon, III
                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 9, 2000
                                --- CLAYTON BRANNON <civilwarcb@...> wrote:
                                > Be sure and vote tomorrow. A VOTE for AL GORE is a vote
                                > for a better future
                                > for America.
                                >
                                > Clayton Brannon
                                > Click here for Free Video!!
                                > http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

                              • Dick Weeks
                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 9, 2000
                                  This type message is inappropriate for this list and I have already
                                  addressed this subject. Therefore the next one that comes over, the
                                  sender will be immediately unsubscribed. No questions asked.

                                  Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
                                  http://www.civilwarhome.com
                                • Dick Weeks

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Nov 9, 2000
                                      --- Dick Weeks <shotgun@...> wrote:
                                      > This type message is inappropriate for this list ...

                                      Mr. Weeks,

                                      Thank you for your splendid leadership.

                                      =====

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Nov 9, 2000