[civilwarwest] Re: Whitworth Sniper Rifles

  • David Woodbury
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 21, 2000
      At 9:46 PM -0800 1/20/00, dmercado@... wrote:
      >David - How are you. I miss the discussion on Compuserve's Civil War
      >Forum. I hope it is still going strong. How is the old Cavalryman
      >Clair? Best regards, Dave Mercado

      David,

      Good to hear from you. Clair is doing fine, and still touting
      Sheridan and his other heroes. You know you can follow the discussion
      there with a web browser (though non-CiS subscribers can't post
      through the web).
      http://forumsb.csi.com/gvforums/default.asp?SRV=CivilWar

      However, you may have read in the paper that starting in April, or
      so, Compuserve's forums will be free to the internet, so you can
      engage Clair yourself there then.

      I will be seeing him and about 40 other forum regulars in March for
      our 4th annual Forum Reunion. We're spending 4 days at Vicksburg and
      Port Hudson, and are fortunate to have Ed Bearss leading the tours.
      If you want to come, there's still room on the bus! Let me know. It
      starts Thursday, March 2 in the evening, and continues until Sunday
      morning, March 5.

      Best regards,
      David