[civilwarwest] Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

  • L.A. Chambliss
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 25, 1999
      Coy, Dameron,

      Actually the best place for the Rosecrans Memorial would be the Tullahoma Battlefield.....if only there were one.

      Sun Tsu, I believe it was, wrote that "The supreme art in war consists of winning  without fighting", or something to that effect.  Rosecranz did this in the Tullahoma Campaign, it probably did more to win the war in the West than anything else, and it is unmarked and little remembered.

      So meanwhile I will see what I can do at Stones River, while Dameron works on Corinth. Maybe we can get him TWO! ;-)

      Merry Christmas to all..

      Laurie

      Dameron McRaven wrote:

      Coy,
                     A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!! I hope y'all have a
      very joyous Holiday Season!  Even though I am a staunch member of the S.C.V.
      I do agree that Rosecrans needs a monument of his own. I would suggest that
      the most appropriate place for it would be Corinth Mississippi. There is a
      strong upsurge in preservation  in that area at present, and it might be the
      right time for someone to suggest that project to those in charge of the
      Corinth battlefield.

      warm regards,

      Dameron