[civilwarwest] Info on CSA units

  • The Coys
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 1999
      I am looking for information on the following units. These CSA
      units were the regiments that opposed my gg-Grandfather, Pvt.
      Riley S. Allen, 81st Ind. Vol., at the battle of Stones River.
      [Murfreesboro to you unreconstructed types :-)]. I have the OR on
      CD so info from that I can obtain myself. Specifically I am
      looking for info as it pertains to the Battle of Stones River
      that may be in any regimental/local histories. Thanks very much
      in advance.

      Deas Brigade
      Preston Smith's Brigade
      19th Alabama 12th
      Tennessee
      22nd Alabama 13th
      Tennessee
      25th Alabama 29th
      Tennessee
      26th Alabama 47th
      Tennessee
      39th Alabama
      154th Tennessee
      17th Alabama Bn. Sharpshooters 9th Texas
      1st Louisiana Regulars
      Allin's Tennessee Sharpshooters
      Robertson's Battery
      Tennessee Battery

      Again thanks. Just a citing of available resources will suffice.
      :)

      Kevin S. Coy