high tide

  • tmix
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2003

      To me the high tide for the South was Chickamauga. Shiloh negated 1862 as a high tide year, IMHO. Chickamauga was an opportunity to reinvigorate their efforts but, again, they failed to push beyond the initial victory. Prior to Shiloh was a time that could have been regarded as a high tide period but it all seemed to parish after Shiloh and Johnston’s death. That leads me to look a Chickamauga as the high tide point in the West. They could have achieved more than they did if a more coordinated command structure existed at that time. They SHOULD have achieved more. Tom Mix