Re: Grant's alternatives before Vicksburg

  • pbjdesigns
    Message 1 of 206 , Aug 31, 2003
      My yahoo email is appearing only sporadically at present. I sent a
      message on this matter earlier. I'm now going to send one via the
      board, so please excuse me if it comes through twice.

      The tone here has becoming increasingly unpleasant. Please cease
      with the personal attacks. Any further commentary on the matter
      should be done via PRIVATE EMAIL.

      Thank you.

      Pat

      <josepharose@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Mr. Keene:
      > >
      > > We obviously don't agree on what the historical record contains.
      > > There seems little reason to continue discussing this topic.
      > >
      > > Joe
      >
      > I am sorry that you seem unwilling to engage in honest discussion
      nor
      > to explain what you disagree on about what is in the historical
      > record.
      >

      > > P.S. I take great exception, however, to some of your verbiage.
      > >
      > > Here, you have just accused me of, "repeating [my] falsehood
      about
      > > Grant." In effect you are asserting that I am lying. I am not.
      > > Whether or not I have misstated the case is a far different
      > question.
      >
      > In the past you have indicated awareness that Grant issued orders
      > placing McClernand in command of the expedition. But now you are
      > claiming that he did not do so. This looks like blantantly like a
      > lie to me. You have accussed others of lies based on much less
      > evidence.
      >

      > > You have recently written that I was, "making up lies about
      Grant"
      > > and making other false accusations. There is no need to accuse
      me
      > of
      > > such things.
      >
      > I thought there was a need.
      >

      > > I didn't see any of my recent posts containing similar language.
      > If
      > > I have done so, to you or anyone else, I apologize now and will,
      of
      > > course, try not to impugn anyone's motives in future posts.
      >
      > Since impugning the motives of others has been your modus operandi
      > for several years, excuse me if I find it hard to take you
      seriously.

      > -Will
    • pbjdesigns
      Message 206 of 206 , Aug 31, 2003