Test

  • Mark Peters
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 28, 2003
      This is a last desparate attempt to get in as I've been 'soft
      bouncing'.

      Mark
    • tmix
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 28, 2003
        Your in this time. Aren't computers fun. Tom

        This is a last desparate attempt to get in as I've been 'soft
        bouncing'.

        Mark

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Mark Peters
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 28, 2003
          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "tmix" <tmix@i...> wrote:
          > Your in this time. Aren't computers fun. Tom

          No, they are not fun.

          I've just had a failure to deliver. Please, no jokes about power
          failures in London.

        • Harry Smeltzer
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 22, 2004

            This is a test.

          • Bill Brown
            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 6, 2004
              Many apologies, just a test

              Regards,
              Bill

              "Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it
              all right"
              Basil Fawlty
              William H. (Bill) Brown
              Editor II, Governors' Documentaries
              Historical Publications Section (Office of Archives and History)
              http://www.ncpublications.com/
              ~~~~~~~
              "Opinions expressed in this message may not represent the policy of my
              agency & E-Mail
              to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public business, is
              subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to
              third parties."
            • Bill Brown
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 16, 2004
                Just a Test

                Thanks,

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "Opinions expressed in this message may not represent the policy of my agency & E-Mail
                to and from me, in connection with the transaction of public business, is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties."
              • Samuel Shurtleff
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 16, 2004
                  Did we pass? An "A" I hope, don't want to ruin my GPA!

                  -sam

                  Bill Brown <william.h.brown@...> wrote:
                  Just a Test

                  Thanks,
                  Bill

                  "Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right"
                                                                           Basil Fawlty
                  William H. (Bill) Brown
                  Editor II, Governors' Documentaries
                  Historical Publications Section (Office of Archives and History) http://www.ncpublications.com/
                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • The Coys
                  Message 8 of 23 , Apr 27, 2005
                    I have not received any messages since 0700.  This is a test.  Sorry to interrupt.

                    Kevin S. Coy
                  • Tom Mix
                    Message 9 of 23 , Apr 27, 2005

                      You got through to me ok.’

                      Message 10 of 23 , Apr 27, 2005
                        So now you have one. I have no dog in the Thomas/Sherman/McPherson fight except to note that many participants are not seeking truth so much as they are bent on character assassination or aggrandizement.
                      • The Coys
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 19, 2005
                          I have not received a CWWT message in a couple of days.  I know most of you all disagree with me about Rosecrans but that is no reason to kick me off.  :)

                          Kevin S. Coy
                        • David Wall
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 19, 2005

                            Thank you for your question. Now I know that it was not personal that My mail box dried up also.

                            But still.....I wonder why? I missed all of you guys and gals. The bullets, the gunsmoke and the horses hoofs beating against the ground. I got used to it. And...oh yeah, the yelling back and forth, both realtime and on the battlefield.

                            David

                            >From: "The Coys" <thecoys@...>
                            >To: <civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com>
                            >Subject: [civilwarwest] Test
                            >Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:37:22 -0400
                            >
                            >I have not received a CWWT message in a couple of days.  I know most of you all disagree with me about Rosecrans but that is no reason to kick me off.  :)
                            >
                            >Kevin S. Coy
                          • Tom Mix
                            Message 13 of 23 , May 19, 2005

                              Kevin,

                              Now that you mention it, yours is the first I have received in a week or so too.  I think it is a slow period. I’ve noticed things seem to cycle like that here. I don’t think you nor I have been kicked off.  Just a down cycle right now.

                              Tom

                              Message 14 of 23 , May 19, 2005
                                Yes its a slow period. Many of our friends are going away for the weekend and
                                it will be fun to hear from them when they get back. Meanwhile, to stir
                                things up, do you think Rosy should have been given a second chance dujring the
                                rest of the war?
                                Jim Hyslop
                              • Tom Mix
                                Message 15 of 23 , May 19, 2005
                                  Just a note about the "going away" part: this is the weekend for the
                                  reenactment in Sacramento, Ky. too. Always a fun time if you don't get
                                  swallowed by mud. Looks like a dry weekend so far but things change fast
                                  around here.
                                  Tom

                                  Yes its a slow period. Many of our friends are going away for the
                                  weekend and
                                  it will be fun to hear from them when they get back. Meanwhile, to stir
                                  things up, do you think Rosy should have been given a second chance
                                  dujring the
                                  rest of the war?
                                  Jim Hyslop

                                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                                • William H Keene
                                  Message 16 of 23 , May 19, 2005
                                    --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "The Coys" <thecoys@k...> wrote:
                                    > I have not received a CWWT message in a couple of days. I know most of you all
                                    disagree with me about Rosecrans but that is no reason to kick me off. :)

                                    > Kevin S. Coy

                                    I think it is just a down time for discussion.

                                    I have been trying to finish a detailed 'mea culpa' statement that I was going to post when
                                    it was done. But heck, its taking me too long to write so let me sum up...

                                    Last month I boldly declared that Don's accounting of confederate strength in Resaca when
                                    McPherson came through Snake Creek Gap was wrong, and that McMurray and other
                                    historians were wrong. After making this claim, I decided I would enumerate why but in
                                    doiong so I started scratching my head about the information I had. So I delved into the
                                    sources and questioned my assumptions. The end result was that I have had to admit to
                                    myself that I was wrong and that the common accounting of confederate strength (~4,000)
                                    is probably right.

                                    - Will
                                  • ecm777@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 23 , May 19, 2005
                                      Kevin, you KNOW I agree with everything you believe about Rosecrans! :D

                                      When are you coming to Chick/Chatt?

                                      Best Regards
                                      Colleen aka CWgal
                                    • Tom Mix
                                      Message 18 of 23 , May 19, 2005
                                        As a former teacher (briefly, I was really a social worker) that is
                                        refreshing. To look at ones self and reevaluate is real knowledge and
                                        learning. Not to mention a showing of real personal security in one's
                                        self.
                                        Excellent.
                                        Tom

                                        > I have not received a CWWT message in a couple of days. I know most
                                        of you all
                                        disagree with me about Rosecrans but that is no reason to kick me off.
                                        :)

                                        > Kevin S. Coy

                                        I think it is just a down time for discussion.

                                        I have been trying to finish a detailed 'mea culpa' statement that I was
                                        going to post when
                                        it was done. But heck, its taking me too long to write so let me sum
                                        up...

                                        Last month I boldly declared that Don's accounting of confederate
                                        strength in Resaca when
                                        McPherson came through Snake Creek Gap was wrong, and that McMurray and
                                        other
                                        historians were wrong. After making this claim, I decided I would
                                        enumerate why but in
                                        doiong so I started scratching my head about the information I had. So
                                        I delved into the
                                        sources and questioned my assumptions. The end result was that I have
                                        had to admit to
                                        myself that I was wrong and that the common accounting of confederate
                                        strength (~4,000)
                                        is probably right.

                                        - Will

                                        Yahoo! Groups Links
                                      • Rick Moody
                                        Message 19 of 23 , May 19, 2005
                                          --- CAMPAIGN62@... wrote:
                                          > Meanwhile, to stir
                                          > things up, do you think Rosy should have been given
                                          > a second chance during the rest of the war?
                                          > Jim Hyslop

                                          Thats a tough one, but I don't believe I would have
                                          allowed him to command a force that large again.
                                          Primarily because he panicked and sent out confusing
                                          orders that added to the confusion. If Bragg had any
                                          clue as to what was going on he could have driven the
                                          union back across the river or trapped him and force a
                                          surrender.
                                          Though I believe it correct for a General to plan a
                                          line of retreat Old Rosy went to it too soon.

                                          Just My Opinion

                                          From just one block north of Rosecrans Boulevard in
                                          Los Angeles County. I also have three relatives
                                          buried at Fort Rosecrans in San Diego County.

                                          Rick Moody
                                          r_moody@...

                                          "Spend no time mourning the failures of the past. Tears make a bitter throat. Look ahead, there is more work to do."
                                          -- Ely S. Parker: last Grand Sachem of the Iroquois and General Grant's military secretary.

                                          "Courage is resistance to fear, master of fear, not absence of fear. Except a creature be part coward, it is not a compliment to say it is brave."
                                          -- Mark Twain

                                          Yahoo! Mail
                                        • The Coys
                                          Message 20 of 23 , May 20, 2005
                                            Jim,
                                            Lincoln was willing to give Rosy another chance...who am I to argue. :)
                                            Seriously, as much as a Rosy fan that I am I understand Grant's and
                                            Stanton's position. Plus, I'm not so sure he would have been as successful
                                            as Sherman. I just don't know what other role he could have played....corps
                                            command under Sherman or Meade? I don't know....

                                            Kevin
                                            > Yes its a slow period. Many of our friends are going away for the weekend
                                            > and
                                            > it will be fun to hear from them when they get back. Meanwhile, to stir
                                            > things up, do you think Rosy should have been given a second chance
                                            > dujring the
                                            > rest of the war?
                                            > Jim Hyslop
                                            >

                                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                          • The Coys
                                            Message 21 of 23 , May 20, 2005
                                              Colleen,
                                                  Jeez, every other week I plan a trip to Chickamauga...unfortunately other things just happen.  You know it is tough to be a fan of the western theater, to love Chickamauga and Stones River and live so far east.  :)  Believe me....when I know I'm coming down you will know.  I love that battlefield.

                                              Kevin
                                              Message 22 of 23 , May 23, 2005
                                                --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, CAMPAIGN62@A... wrote:
                                                > Yes its a slow period. Many of our friends are going away for the
                                                weekend and
                                                > it will be fun to hear from them when they get back. Meanwhile, to
                                                stir
                                                > things up, do you think Rosy should have been given a second chance
                                                dujring the
                                                > rest of the war?

                                                Unlike many others (McClellan comes to mind) Rosey *was* given
                                                another command: the department of Missouri.

                                                He was well suited to the task and performed well as an
                                                administrator, but was mediocre in blunting Price's 1864 'invasion'.

                                                Two things come to mind regarding his mundane administration in MO:
                                                he stopped the public auction and commerce in slaves and he engaged
                                                in a retaliatory campaign of POW executions...

                                                HankC
                                              • CAMPAIGN62@AOL.COM
                                                Message 23 of 23 , May 23, 2005
                                                  THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT. CORPS COMMAND UNDER SHERMAN. BETTER THAN HOWARD. LIKE
                                                  HOOKER UNDER GRANT.