RE: [civilwarwest] newbe- Western reading suggestions

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 2003
      The McMurry and Connelly books do look at the Confederate side only.  I did not recommend any that look at the Union side only because I'm unaware of any real good ones that don't focus on one army or individual.  A good chunk of Western activity from both sides is covered in Hess' "Banners to the Breeze", which includes actions from the Kentucky campaign to Stones River, and includes Corinth & Iuka.

      Harry